Principles, Practices and Expectations
What You Can Expect From Me
1) I believe the Bible provides thorough guidance and instruction for faith and life.
2) All services use biblical principles as a foundation
3) I am an experienced, compassionate professional committed to providing knowledge and expertise in the field of Pastoral Counseling. I do not hold a secular state license, as secular license ethics expressly prohibits introduction of spiritual principles into the counseling environment.
4) Sessions in all services are held in the strictest confidence, and will not be disclosed for any reason without written authorization from the client. However, I submit to the governing authorities and there are certain legal issues, if shared, that cannot be kept confidential due to the law and my obligation to report such issues. I will report child abuse, elder abuse, or abuse of disabled persons. This also includes certain disclosure of past events and circumstances, that if shared, I cannot keep confidential under the law. Specifically, if an adult was a victim of abuse or neglect as a child and the disclosure of that information is necessary to protect the health and safety of another child, an elderly person or a person with a disability, a report to the appropriate state or federal agency or law enforcement is mandatory. When a person is a danger to themselves or others, I will inform the appropriate authorities to help keep any harm from being done.
5) You do not have to be a Christian to receive counseling. I take your personal beliefs very seriously and will always respect them. I want you to feel free to express your beliefs and values and how they affect the way you live. While I will always respect your beliefs I may encourage you to consider what I believe to be biblical truths, and that, if applied to your life, will help you live a more fulfilling and meaningful life. My goal is to introduce ideas during our conversations that will encourage you to change how you are living in ways that will be beneficial and enriching.
What I Can Expect From You
1) Consistent attendance and timely notification of cancellations.
2) Cancellations must be received 24 hours in advance of the appointment time.
Please note consistent failure to do so or two cancellations without good cause will result in immediate termination of service.
3) Complete all homework assignments before each session.
Please note consistent lack of completion will result in termination of service.